So, 4 months into the rebirth from SoWineTrails to MissWineOH – and yes, we are writing reviews. However, our basic philosophy stands – we don’t get real flowery with our opinions - just basic information about the wine, where it comes from and whether we’d drink it again or not.
My partner changed the way I think about drinking wine. When he walks into a winery or a tasting, his conclusions are simple. “I’ll drink this again” or “Where’s the dump bucket?” – he doesn’t try to identify the 8 items in the bouquet, or remark on much of the flavors. He either likes it or he doesn’t. He thinks most casual wine drinkers just want to know if someone they trust liked it, and perhaps a few specific details about the wine itself.
Much to his chagrin, I still take copious notes and ask detailed questions whenever I go into a winery, or open a bottle I’ve never tasted before. I can’t seem to help myself! I’ve been writing reviews (even when I said I wouldn’t), and y’all are reading them, and asking about specific wines, so for 2012, I’ll continue to put that information out there.
I love to recommend good wine to people, but what I like may not necessarily be what you like. So take all of that information, and make your own decisions on your purchases. Unless otherwise noted, all wines specifically reviewed have been purchased by MissWineOH.
Here’s the sample policy:
1) I will sample your wine before I agree to include it in a Pairing Experience or a Wine and Cupcakes tasting. Make suggestions or send me a sample. But it has to meet certain requirements to be poured publicly.
2) There is no guarantee when that review will be posted, or if it will be posted. It depends on what else is scheduled. But I do try to post reviews on all wines and products received.
3) Your wine may be included in a live tweeting event at my discretion. If you send wine specifically for a live tweeting event, please understand that I give my impressions without editing or reservation. As do my guests.
4) If you have a non-wine product that you want reviewed, it will be reviewed as time allows, and if its appropriate for my audience.
5) We love getting wine presents, so please… feel free!
We hope you enjoy drinking what YOU like.
If you have a wine/product you’d like sampled for inclusion in a Pairing Experience, or for review on this site, please email misswineoh at gmail.